Foods Packed with Hidden Sugar!

Hello Hello, 

How are we all doing today?  Check out this great diagram I found.  It gives the sugar amount for 50 different foods!  Not all, but a lot of these foods have added sugars in them as well.  I think it's important to be aware of the amount you're taking in and what is best for your diet.    According to the Dietary Guidelines, it is recommended to limit added sugars to less than 10 percent of your diet.  If you are on a 2,000 calorie diet then you would want to limit it to 200 calories or 50 grams of added sugars.  I realize that some of the sugar in these foods might not be added but it still gives a really good overall idea.  Pay very special attention to the serving sizes!  Most of these servings sizes are very small or a portion of a cup.  I don't know about you but that's similar to two bites for me!!    




Comments