Is Red Meat Bad For You?

Quite a controversial topic we have here.  I've been hearing it said lately to stay away from red meat.  All I keep thinking is but that's the best kind!  Am I right?  Despite my love for steak, I will say the article I chose to share gives both sides.  I was doing some research and none of the other informational articles could explain why red meat was bad for you.  It only told you it was.  Being in a scientific field, I like to learn more about the evidence to prove these theories.  Kris makes a great point that correlation does not mean causation.  There are so many factors that affect your risk for disease; it's hard to pinpoint it on one thing.  Just because there is a rise in cardiovascular diseases with a rise in "red meat" doesn't mean that red meat causes the increase.  Understanding the different types of meat can help in your grocery store decisions.  I always say that moderation is key.  


Woman Eating Steak

Comments

  1. After reading your article you must know what I have written here nose shape .This one is being written after getting inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment