Can You Beat Usain Bolt?

Hey Everyone, 

I'm back from vacation!  Sorry about the delayed post.  I wasn't able to catch the end of the Olympics but I did see Bolt run!  This article was found by our Program Manger, Ryan (for 3 more days) and it really gives you a good indication of how quick and fast these athletes are.  I did pretty well on my first attempt but the second got me!  I was too quick and got disqualified.  :(   I will say this though, I agree with Bill Murray's tweet stating that an "Average Joe" should be placed in a lot of the events for reference.  This would be particularly useful in a lot of the track and field events!  Sometimes it's hard to appreciate how amazing they all are when the only reference is against themselves.  The decathlon would also be a great event to watch an "Average Joe" in.  For the Olympic Committe out there, I volunteer! 

Test your reaction time and try to imagine it in a full out sprint off the blocks!



Comments