Hey, I'm Henny! Let's talk kettle bell swings!

Hey Guys!

My name is Henok Mengstab but you can call me Henny!  I am the summer intern at JOHO currently studying Kinesiology at George Mason University.  Interning here has really given me an opportunity to explore different aspects of the fitness industry. The good thing about JOHO Fitness is that they treat the interns as one of the staff members.  Since I am a Christian, I really enjoy serving people and being in the fitness field gives me the opportunity to serve people in keeping our physical body in shape.  What I have learned from my experience here is to interact with clients more, considering the fact that I am an individual who is not out spoken.  In the fitness industry I am interested in designing programs for the members that will help them reach their fitness goals.

Let’s get into our topic for today!!! How many of you guys are bored with the same traditional workouts and want to try new some new exercise equipment?  Well, guess what!!  I have something for you!!  How many of you have heard of kettle bells? Kettle bells are a unique piece of equipment that you can use to improve your overall fitness.  Using kettle bell’s help you improve your cardio and strength at the same time.  Kettle bell exercises help you gain lean body mass and improve your stability and mobility all at the same time.  There are a variety of exercises you can do with a kettle bell from beginner to advance movements.


The two arm kettle bell swing is the exercise that I will be talking about today.  This exercise is meant for explosive movements that will challenge your muscular endurance, muscular strength, and your body physique in terms of losing body fat.  Starting off, place your foot shoulder width apart with toes pointed straight.  Place the kettle bell six inches in front of your feet to acquire initial momentum. Squat down and grasp the ring of the kettle bell.  Begin the movement by driving the hips forward, squeezing your glute muscles at the top and bringing the kettle bell close to eye level. Make sure you use the momentum of your hips to raise the kettle bell instead of your arms.  Try it out!!!! 

Comments