The Plank Variations You Gotta Try!



Hey Guys,

So I was going to post about staying healthy on the road (coming soon), but one of my members sent me this article and I just had to share.  Get ready JCB because a few of these are coming to you!  Who doesn't love planks?!?!  Okay, so maybe I'm being a little optimistic.  Planks are tough but doing different variations can distract from the fact that you're holding it for so long.  If you have back issues, planks are a great ab exercise.  Doing any sort of crunching motion causes flexion and extension on your vertebrae which can lead to heightened back stress.  Planks don't cause the vertebra to move back and forth because you are staying in a isolated position.  Plus, adding variations can target obliques, shoulders, and work on your coordination.  Start adding a few in each day and you'll be to the advanced exercises in no time!



Comments