Detox Diets: Do They Really Work?




Hello,

I've been seeing a ton of people through social media doing various detox diets.  You see their before and after pictures and usually they lose anywhere from 5-15 pounds.  Impressive!  But healthy?  I'm not so sure.  I found an article that looks at the pros and cons to give you a rounded view.  I personally am not a big fan.  There isn't enough research to support the effectiveness of these diets and there are a lot of possible side effects.  It all depends on your detox though.  Some might be better than others.  I still believe that a balanced diet is better than a detox diet.  It's important to look at the reason you are doing these and your plan for after it ends.  These can be yo yo diets.  What's a yo yo diet?  This is a diet that causes you to lose weight fast, but as soon as you go back to your regular lifestyle the weight is re-gained.  I encourage all of my members to make health conscious choices that will stay with them long term.  Take a look and always consult with a health professional before beginning one of these diets. 


Comments