The Healthiest Fish To Eat

Hey Guys, 

So I have to admit that I don't actually eat seafood because of the taste but I wish I did!  I used to work at Red Lobster so trust me, I've tried a lot of different dishes. Seafood can be a great substitute and add a lot of variety into your meals.  Here are some healthy fish options and why they are good for you!

Salmon

  • Provides 29 grams of protein per serving!
  • Has omega - 3 fatty acids and vitamin D

Tuna
  • Can be eaten similar to a steak or out of the can
  • Provides lean protein and omega-3 fats
Oysters
  • Rich in zinc
  • High in iron and selenium (plays a role in a higher metabolism)
  • 28 grams of protein per serving!
Sardines
  • Low in calories
  • High in healthy fats
  • High in calcium
Rainbow Trout
  • High in omega-3 fatty acids
  • Has been linked to better brain health and inflammation
Mackerel
  • High in omega-3 fatty acids (helps lower blood pressure and blood triglyceride levels)
Mussels
  • Loaded with minerals
  • High in protein
  • High in iron and selenium
Shrimp
  • High in protein
  • High in dietary cholesterol

Comments