How to Prevent Overeating!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sam and I wanted to give a big hello as I will be reporting "All Things JOHO" to you in our weekly blog.  For those of you who I have not had the pleasure to meet, here is a little bit about me.  I am a recent graduate of Bowling Green State University. (Yes, that is in Ohio!)  My major was exercise science with a minor in food and nutrition.  I love to play volleyball and explore DC.  You can also find me reading or keeping up on current movies and TV shows.  I am so excited to be a part of the JOHO staff and look forward to making you sweat in all of my classes!  Enough about me though , here is a new article I found that is pretty eye-opening to anyone looking to maintain or lose weight. 

It's that time of the season for cookouts, weddings, and happy hour after work.  In light of all of these activities, I thought I would share an article about overeating.  I think we can agree that before we know it, all of the snacks and hors d'oeuvres  have become our meal!  Many of us have heard tips such as using smaller plates, drinking a glass of water beforehand, and eating small frequent meals.  I love this article because it identifies a few different reasons why you may be over-indulging and provides some solutions.  Written by a registered dietitian  and nutritional counselor for some pretty major sports teams, this will definitely have you more aware of the food you are putting in your mouth.  Enjoy!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/13/health/why-you-overeat/index.html

 

Comments