Exercise Hydration 101

Hello fit friends! So, since I have been training for my half marathon (didn't quit, yet!) I have been doing a lot of reading about hydration. I noticed that after my long runs I was getting wicked (yes, I'm a Northerner and I say wicked) headaches. As a physiologist, my first thought was dehydration. Consequently I also found out that I have been suffering with a sinus infection and double ear infection, but that doesn't change my chronic incompetence at staying adequately hydrated. Although the hot temperatures and stormy weather have given way to some lower temps and relief, hydration is still a super important topic as we high tail it into summer gear. Below, is everything you need to know (and probably more) about exercise hydration, brought to you by Greatist & Camelbak. I wonder if you will have the same reaction I did when reading this ("oh boy I haven't even been drinking half of what I should!"). Read up and drink up that water!



Comments