Thoughts from the head of a "runner"



Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is having a great start to their week, and enjoying the beautiful spring weather. I know I am, despite my immune system's constant attempts to rebel against the  spring blooms. As I mentioned back in the fall, I am training to run my first half marathon in June, and the bulk of the training is now in full swing. I realized that when I am running a lot of random thoughts pop into my head. Anything from physiology musings to complaints make their debut on just about every run. This past Monday I had a longer run scheduled and I ended up doing some unintentional speed work for the last mile and half when I got caught in the severe thunderstorms. My fault for not checking the radar, but oh well. Anyway, I decided for comic relief (because it is Wednesday after all) to share with you some of the thoughts that run through my head on a run (pun intentional). I bet many of your can relate!

"Ok you got this, just gotta get through the first 3 miles and then my legs will be numb enough to continue.....its only been 1 mile?!"

"Is it really necessary to walk 4 across on the sidewalk?!"

"Oops, definitely didn't see that puddle"

"My heart rate feels a little high, I am probably running too fast. Hmmm maybe I need one of the fancy watches that that tells me that..."

"Oh, I love this song!"

"I hate these shorts....I should probably get some new ones. No, you shouldn't spend money on things you already have, but you do have that gift card.....that isn't real money anyway"

"I know you're supposed to walk opposite of traffic and bike with traffic but where are you supposed to run? Eh, I'll just switch back and forth and hope they see me"

"This really hurts, why do I put myself through this torture?"

"What should I have for dinner when I get home?"

"Ugh, why did I pick this route I completely forgot how hilly it is"

"How is it possible that I am running uphill for this long, there has to be downhill at some point! Its physics!"

"I wonder if the people driving by think I look like a professional runner.....now I need to slow down because I am just trying to look good and I am definitely going to pass out by mile 5"

"How do people run full marathons??!"


Feel free to comment any of your funny running thoughts or if there are any you can relate to!

Happy Wednesday : )

Comments