Suns Out Grills Out







Hello there! I hope everyone is enjoying this mild and perfect weather as much as I am! This past weekend I hit the trails near my house to switch up my routine for my Sunday long run (picture above!). Man did those twists, turns, sneaky tree roots, and hills kick my butt! It was great to run around the lake though, and see so many other people out enjoying the weather. However, I realized about 5 miles into my 7 mile (or maybe 9 because I got lost) run, that I hadn't really eaten much that day. Needless to say I was STARVING by the end of my run and it got me in the mood to cook up a feast. Since the weather was gorgeous I decided to fire up the grill! I really forgot how the grill makes anything taste even more amazing. So in honor of my re-acquaintance with my grill I decided to include a few easy and healthy grill recipes.



Chicken Spiedies:
This is most definitely an Upstate New York thing, but I promise if you try it you will love it! Try making these on skewers and skip the bread for a side salad. Get the Recipe here (If you are really pressed for time they sell Spiedie Marinade in the BBQ sauce section and its from NY!)


http://www.texastanya.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Spiedie-5804.jpg



Grilled Avocado:
 I like to think I made this up (although I probably didn't). It is super simple and gives the avocado an amazing smoky flavor. All you do is cut the avocado in half (remove the pit), squeeze some fresh lime juice on both sides, sprinkle with sea salt/pepper and grill face down. Great and super easy side!


http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2423/3583932538_9e22394a95.jpg?v=0


Classic Black Bean Burger:
Where are my vegetarians at?! This is a classic meatless burger recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest meat eaters. Can't go wrong with the Pioneer Woman.  Get her awesome recipe here



blackbeanburger
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/09/black-bean-burger/


What are you waiting for? Fire up the charcoal and be the one creating the smells wafting through the neighborhood that make everyone else jealous (you know what I mean).


 

Comments