Treadmill Interval Workout



Hi Everyone! Happy Friday : ) You made it through the week to Super Bowl weekend! I just have a quick post for you, to help you keep up your cardio (to make room for Gameday calories!). I admit, the treadmill is not the most exciting piece of equipment. I would take a run on a trail ANYDAY over a treadmill run. However, with the cold/windy/snowy/random frozen precipitation going on lately, sometimes it is the best/safest option. When I am forced to run on the treadmill instead of outside, I prefer an interval workout to keep things interesting and to maximize my calorie burn. I really like this one from Our Three Peas blog. You can modify as needed to suit your abilities. The last interval is meant to be walking on a high incline for a working rest.



*Repeat for a total of 3-5 rounds.*
 5 rounds will get your closest to the calorie count at the top, but this is an estimate and likely will change with modifications and different body weights.

Note: for moderate level, I usually change the warm-up to 4.5 mph and work my way up to 5 mph. Then I do the first level at 5 mph and follow the plan from there.  Again, feel free to modify as needed! The general format is pretty flexible.

Hope this workout keeps your treadmill runs interesting! Interval workouts have been very popular in the news lately for their ability to burn fat and keep the body guessing : )

Enjoy the weekend and the Super Bowl!

Comments