Meal Makeover Monday 9




Hello everyone! I promise I didn't forget about you! The holiday traveling got the best of me, so meal makeover Monday turned into meal makeover Tuesday. I know I ruined the alliteration, I'm sincerely sorry about that. Never fear, I have a great meal makeover for you which will be a welcome change from Thanksgiving leftovers. 

If you read this blog, you know that I love all things quinoa. I substitute this ancient and nutrient packed grain-like food for nearly all recipes that utilize rice. Yes, I said grain-like. Although quinoa is often thought of as a grain, it is actually in the same family as spinach and beets. Who knew?? Don't be afraid of it though, it is super easy to prepare and tasty!

One of my favorite meals from Chinese take-out (which is not always the healthiest choice) is fried rice. Sometimes with chicken, sometimes not. I figured out that I could make this favorite meal VERY easily at home, and with half the calories with protein-packed quinoa! Plus it is quick to make for an easy weeknight meal, filling, and keeps well for lunches!

"Cooking For Keeps" blog has an awesome and easy recipe for Quinoa Fried Rice that I can't wait for you to try! Click the link above the picture for the recipe! *You can add chopped pre-cooked chicken or leftover turkey too*


Photo Credit: Cooking for Keeps


Enjoy this healthy, Asian inspired twist on a take-out favorite!

Comments