Meal Makeover Monday 7

 
Photo Credit: Inthekitchenwithkath blog
 
Hi there! I Hope everyone spent the weekend digging out their fleece, rain-coats, and gloves. I hear we are heading for a reallyyy chilly week. I know its getting cold when I let the dogs out in the yard, and not five minutes later, they are back at the door begging to come in. Especially the short-haired one. He's a big baby in the cold! That being said, the frigid temperatures that are descending on us makes me want nothing more than a nice blanket, and steaming bowl of soup. Something about the smell of soup while its cooking, and the final product warming your frozen hands, makes it the absolute ultimate comfort food. Although all soups are great, one soup in particular is the classic, soul-warming, family favorite. Chicken Noddle Soup. Today I have a healthy chicken noodle soup recipe that is so quick and easy, you can make it after work! It seriously only takes 30 minutes to have a warm bowl on the table! I have adapted a recipe from a blog called inthekitchenwithkath. I have changed just a few things to make the soup even healthier! Here is my version
 
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
*Serves 4*
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped celery
*side note* you can often get celery, onion and carrot pre-chopped near the veggies platters at the grocery store and save a bunch of time this way!
1 Tablespoon flour
3 ½ cups chicken broth (try low sodium, all-natural versions)
1 cup water
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 4 ounces)
1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces

*Feel free to double the recipe and then eat for lunches during the week!*

Head to the “inthekitchenwithkath” blog for directions for preparation.  You will use your olive oil in place of the butter she calls for in the first step.
 
 
I hope this soup warms your family up as the temperatures start a slow plummet. Enjoy!

Comments