Meal Makeover 5

 



Hello there! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! I had a super relaxing weekend which involved a lot of running and cooking. Just the way I like it! Some of you remember my trail run picture from a few weeks ago (filled with vibrant color), well I hate to break it to you but the picture above is the same trail. Yes, November is upon us and I ran a chilly 5.5 miles this Saturday, which made it a lot harder to motivate myself to ice my shins when I got home. However, I am excited to announce the official (according to yours truly) start of vest season. I do love a good zip up vest! Enough about that, let's get on to the comfort food that we reallyyyy want now that we've entered the awkward limbo of either heating our house, constantly baking to keep the oven on, or wearing above-stated vest around as a fashion statement.
 
This week I am super excited to give you a healthy version of the KING of comfort foods. Macaroni and Cheese!! This is probably in my top 5, if not my favorite, foods. Gooey cheese, warm noodles, what more could you ask for? Well in this case you are also getting a serving of heart healthy vegetables and a ton of lean protein (compliments of diced chicken and quinoa pasta) to keep you full! So, without further ado, here is Quinoa Pasta Greek Yogurt Chicken Mac and Cheese (say that ten times fast) from Bell Bliss Blog
 
Photo Credit: Bell Bliss Blog
 
The recent chilly weather gives us the perfect excuse to try out this lightened up version of a tried and true family favorite! Enjoy!
 
 

Comments