Monday Meal Makeover 3

 
 
 
Well, its Monday again! Ok, so maybe the exclamation point is a little much, but fake it 'til you make it, right?? Hope you all had a great weekend that you can savor all week long. I know I did. It included an awesome fall trail-run (my favorite kind of running) in Rock Creek Park. The picture above is actually one I took on my run. The trails are so beautiful this time of year.
 
 
 The good news is, Monday means another recipe for a comfort-food-made-healthy! The temperatures have certainly dipped into the official fall zone, which means its time for a Shepherd's Pie that will warm you like your favorite coat without actually giving you an extra layer of "down." My mouth is watering just thinking about  those layers of sweet potato, ground turkey, and so many veggies. For my vegetarians out there, I have also included a vegan Shepherd's Pie that looks to-die-for!
 
First up is a savory ground turkey Shepherd's Pie from "Tried and Tasty"
Even this picture has comfort food written all over it! Clink the link below the pic for the recipe.
 
Healthy Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie // TriedandTasty
 
 
For my vegetarians, this lentil and sweet potato shepherd's pie from "One Ingredient Chef" will definitely do the trick! It is hearty, healthy, and everything a fall meal should be. The recipe is linked below the picture
 
Shepherds Pie Bite
 
 
 
I cannot wait to cozy up with my ukulele (yes, I am serious) and a bowl of this shepherd's pie! It is guiltless comfort at its fall-best! Enjoy : )

Comments