Meal Makeover Monday 4




Hey there JOHO! Man, am I excited about what I have to share with you today! As you may remember from last Monday, I have been getting back into trail running and last week I continued to assault my muscles with torture that they are not used to. Resulting in an intense craving for comfort food. However, as stubborn as I am, I must admit that I am enjoying my training. I have even decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in March with my friend. (Please hold me to this). Anyway, my new running obsession is not as exciting as this comfort food turned healthy! Ladies and gentlemen, we are making PIZZA. Yes, I said it. HEALTHY PIZZA. It is a thing! I am posting both the original recipe (found from The Lucky Penny Blog) and a Vegan Recipe (found from the Detoxinista Blog) because no one should miss out on pizza night. I recommend loading these pies up with grilled and fresh vegetables to seriously up the health factor

Both of these recipes use a secret ingredient (don't tell the kids) its cauliflower! Cauliflower crust is loaded with a level of antioxidants and fiber that traditional crust cannot even hope to aspire to.

The original recipe from Lucky Penny Blog:


Doesn't even LOOK healthy!


Here is the vegan recipe from the Detoxinista

SONY DSC

Loaded with vegetables! Get the recipe here: http://detoxinista.com/2014/02/vegan-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

I am super excited about making pizza night healthy and can't wait to hear how it works out for you and your family!

P.S. Stay tuned later this week for a post about healthy snacks (as requested) and maybe a surprise healthy dessert in honor of Halloween!

Comments