Get up and move!

Hi everyone! Sorry about my few days of being MIA, we got pretty busy with Health Fair fun at JOHO! Never fear, I am back. Over the weekend, I was planning all of my holiday travel when it hit me that I am running the Turkey Trot 5k in my hometown with my Dad (as I have for the past few years). Admittedly running is not my favorite cardio activity, I would much rather bike, zumba, ellipticate (yes I made this word up), or hike. That being said, I do enjoy running the 5k with my family (even my 80 year old grandparents run!) So since Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, I had better start training. Thinking about this reminded me of a cool 5k running program I've seen, designed to ease you into running and build you up to the full distance. Its called the "couch to 5k." I have seen many versions but I like that the following one goes by time instead of distance. Distance can be intimidating, and time is also much easier to keep track of with a simple stopwatch (or your phone!). Take a look and try it out so that you can take advantage of the many great fall runs in this area!

Comments