Your Healthy Heart!

Hello,

How are we all doing today?  Personally, I keep wishing this hurricane and rain would pass so I can enjoy the sunshine again!  Start doing more of my stairs workouts.  (My favorite place is the National Gallery of Art on the Mall; They have the best set of stairs to get your heart rate pumping!)

Speaking of your heart, what is the real reason you workout for?  Is it for weight loss?  Strengthening your heart?  Preventing disease?  I love to reiterate WHY cardio is so important.  It leads to a longer life with less disease risk!  Part of the reason doctor's prescribe losing weight is to put less stress on your heart.

Cardio is not the most fun for everyone but find what works for you!  Cycling, H.I.I.T., running, and the elliptical are some great options.  Don't be afraid to alternate as well.  The more cardio incorporated into an exercise regimen, the stronger your heart becomes and the lower your resting heart rate will be. 

Here are some fun facts to help put things in perspective. 




Comments